Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hostess Appreciation!


My annual hostess appreciation event was so much fun on Saturday! I did a "Fiesta"theme! We had delicious food, played lots of games, there were tons of door prizes, of course stamping but it wouldn't have been complete without a pinata full of treats! Right? Everyone scrambled to fill their bag with goodies when the pinata was opened! It was such a fun day! Everyone enjoyed the projects we made as well! "Thank you ladies for making the day so special for me!" "I love and appreciate you all so much!": )
I have a customer and dear friend named Cherith who is going to be moving away soon and I'm really going to miss seeing her. She is the lady in the very first picture at the top of this post wearing the white blouse! She has been my customer from the very beginning, when I first signed up to be a demonstrator. She was a guest at my very first workshop! Cherith teaches Spanish and since she will be leaving me soon, I presented her with a small gift. Included in the gift, I gave her a new stamp set called "Wow Flowers" but gave her the Spanish version of it! She loved it! It is so neat that Stampin Up is now going to have a whole catalog in Spanish!
These are the projects that we made!
I love the 4 x 4 sized cards now so we made a couple of those and we even made a candy nugget treat box to go with one of the cards. I wanted to use stamp sets that would soon be retiring so I chose the wonderful "Polka Dots & Paisley" set and I chose the "For a Friend" hostess set too. The decorative papers are also going to be retired. I used the "Berry Bliss". It is one of my favorites!
I can't wait to see the new catalog and all of the new papers they have for us! I should have the new catalogs by this weekend...I hope anyway! Remember that you have until August 10th to order any of the things that are retiring from the current catalog! Contact me to get your order in soon!
We also made a card using the stamp set "Friendly Flowers" which was in the last mini catalog we had. I had ordered the set and realized that I never used it! Not even once...how sad is that? So I decided to use it even though no one could order it. Maybe it will show up in the new catalog! I'm not going to post a card recipe for these cards but I am going to post the directions for the nugget box and include pictures on where to cut it and where to glue it. I'll try to post that later today! I also have reached over 1000 hits on my blog so I'll post info about that on my next post as well! I have a great hostess stamp set bundle to give away! How Fun!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope these samples have inspired you to go stamp something!
Don't forget to stop by later today for directions on the nugget box and to find out how to win my blog candy give away!
Happy Stampin'
Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I had to miss this. :-(