Monday, July 21, 2008

Fresh Cuts For You

Hi! I'm finally back to blogging! I can't believe that the week flew by so fast. I've been busy getting ready for a couple of parties that I had this past weekend and I have also had some pretty bad headaches lately. I did take some pictures of the things we made at the parties so I could share them with you. I will do that later this week.

This card is one that I have wanted to show you since last week. It was made using the Fresh Cuts stamp set on white glossy paper. This card is a 4x4 card. I just love this size card. I found out how to make an envelope for it as well. The card with envelope is pictured above. I really like how this card turned out.


Card Recipe:

  • Stamp Set - Fresh Cuts
  • Papers - Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel and Glossy White card stock
  • Inks - Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel and More Mustard Classic Ink Pads
  • Embellishments - Black grosgrain ribbon and Antique Brass Hodge Podge Hardware piece
  • Tools - Large and Small Oval punches, Stampin' Sponges, Dimensionals and a Brayer

Instructions for the envelope:

To create the envelope for this size card you use a regular medium size envelope from Stampin" Up! I'm not sure if that is the standard A-2 size or not. If you know, let me know. Anyway, you seal the envelope closed. Then using your paper trimmer, trim off 1 1/2" from one of the sides of the envelope. You are left with a sort of pocket envelope. Cut a piece of decorative paper to make your envelope flap with. Cut it to 3" x 4 3/8" and then "lightly" score it at 1 inch. The smaller flap you adhere to the front side of your pocket envelope and the longer flap is what you wold use to seal your card in the envelope with. I rounded the two corners on that longer flap too. I thought it gave it a nice touch. Try to make your own envelope for a 4 x 4 card and let me know how it turns out.

Happy Stampin'

Karen

No comments: